EggRP

Register a free account today to become a member of the EggRP Community. Once you have joined you'll be able to participate on the forums and get extra in-game benefits.
For more info on why you should join check out this page.

Retaliation/Crim Life

I believe that when crews engage in a hostile activity against civilians that aren't in a crew but have their friends around them should be able to retaliate back because in reality you aren't going to sit back and let them do what ever to you as its not realistic, you and your friends are going to fight back and not let them take anything form you as not everything is FEARFUL.

For example, you are standing out on the street with a bunch of your friends in an area you know is very active in hostile activities, so all of you are carrying legal weapons. So if a crew comes and pulls up on you, there shouldn't be a problem to retaliate back as it wont make sense as why people get to be scared of something they know they wouldn't be.

Even when you are in a gang Organization if a bunch of people pull up on you, you aren't going to fear for your life as you are a Gang/ Mafia member just doesn't make sense because then why are people in gangs or part of an organization?

an additional thing as well feels like this city is made for VICPOL most can agree.

Unbound

Well,
1. I feel like that when doing a bank robbery and you take off with the money which is usually between 70-130k the reward doesn't out weigh the risks we have to take as crims, if you get caught you lose nearly 5 times the reward you get.
2. When Police officers are being shot at from a get away vehicle does it make sense for them to still follow through and chase that shooting vehicle.
3. If you are in a situation where there is a cop standing in the open whilst you are in cover shooting at him is it really realistic for them to run and gun towards you hoping the shots hit you or would that be okay for them to do (witnessed this happen multiple times).
4. I just think guns Gangs/crews get or even Civs who are heavily involved in crim activities get only limited weaponary compared to vicpol as everyone know it is possible to get guns similar to make the playing field a little bit more even.
These are just ideas and feedback anyways not to be rude in anyway you know.

uki

Staff member
Admin
Have you provided any of this feedback to police directly? (points 2/3)

4. will be changing in the rework
1. is high risk high reward - generally people get caught when they do the same standard thing as every one else tries, think of some creative options maybe a staged getaway boat, a truck ready at an alleyway to block police etc - from the stats there are plenty of successful robberies, yes it is a risk with the high charges but they are in line with the level of offending (kidnapping, armed robbery etc)

Unbound

Have you provided any of this feedback to police directly? (points 2/3)

4. will be changing in the rework
1. is high risk high reward - generally people get caught when they do the same standard thing as every one else tries, think of some creative options maybe a staged getaway boat, a truck ready at an alleyway to block police etc - from the stats there are plenty of successful robberies, yes it is a risk with the high charges but they are in line with the level of offending (kidnapping, armed robbery etc)
Regarding the 2/3 I thought it was protocols put in by Goverment that's why I was posting it here but if that isn't the case I'll Open a Ticket in their department and hopefully can discuss it further just for RP purposes.
Another thing I wanted to bring up was will there be ways for crims to be able to temporarly swap plates for robberies, as crims this will actually make the risks more worth it. Because looking at the comms/fines/confiscated items when engaged in hostile RP which feels significantly more than the reward makes the bank robberies a bit too hard for heavy Roleplayers. These are just suggestions/feedbacks by myself and from what I have seen soo far.
What is the situation with Civs who are invovled in heavy crim life but aren't in a crew or gang but have multiple friends they always are around, but get engaged by crews/gangs what is the involvement there for the Civs who are crims, do they not engage in hostile activity and watch only 2 other civs get involved or can they engage.

uki

Staff member
Admin
No, from what you describe they sound like fail to rp property and a ticket should be raised with Police leadership

Re the plate swap, I have noted your suggestion but does it make sense to do the robbery in your own vehicle? Generally from what I have seen, they usually end up in crashes or a trashed car - doesn't make a whole lot of sense to smash up your own car further adding to the loss

Regarding your last point, If you are heavily involved in the crim life with multiple friends then please refer to the rules around crew/group registration, you have already been pulled up a few times for skirting on and/or crossing the line in this regard - the rules state (paraphrasing):

There will be no unauthorized groups, gangs, clubs or crews in the city, all groups and crews will need to be authorized by the staff team through the application system in Discord.
Crew
A small group of 3-4 players who wish to engage in hostile RP together (including player to player, criminal activity, bank robberies etc) or operate as a small gang or group.

Having a shootout would count as player to player hostile RP

Unbound

I am referring to my first post for example when a crew of 3 pulls up on 4-5 civs Just hanging out not looking for anything hostile but naturally carry a weapon with the right licenses to defend themselves, should they be able to defend themselves with out being called an unauthorised crew , shouldn't they be able to retaliate back ?
Like doesn't it out weigh the 3 that come to try Rob or do something hostile to the 4 or 5 just minding their own business but have the mind set they can be robbed or pulled up on.. wouldn't classify as those 4 or 5 a crew though would it 🤔

Just interesting is all, I think you should be able to protect yourself otherwise might as well be able to roll 10 civs with only 2-4 members of a crew or gang all the time

This could be an idea to trial I mean worse case IDS/CLIP