If you are experiencing menu lag in things like the inventory, cad, clothing store etc you can follow the below guide to fix it.
Note: the below guide only works for NVIDIA GPUs, you may be able to find separate software to limit your FPS per-application for AMD and other GPUs.
Open the NVIDIA Control Panel
Open 'Manage 3D Settings'
- 1. Click Manage 3D Settings on the left
- 2. Click on Program Settings
- 3. Click the Add button
Add the FiveM application
Set an FPS Limit
- 1. Make sure the FiveM application is selected
- 2. Click on Max Frame Rate option
- 3. Click On and then select an approprate FPS
Select the FPS you are running the game at, or your monitor refresh rate. For example if you have a 60hz monitor then select 60 FPS as the limit.
Note: You may have multiple 'FiveM' options in the previous step, you will need to repeat these steps for each of the FiveM applications in the previous list.
- 16GB RAM is recomended for FiveM servers
- If you have less than this amount then consider closing background applications if you experience issues
- Move FiveM and GTA on to an SSD to improve loading times
- Ensure your graphics drivers and windows are up to date
- Consider looking at the FPS Guide as well